Sadio Mane describes Senegal victory as 'the best day and best trophy' of his life




Sadio Mane: Liverpool star has stadium named after him in Senegal




"It's the best day of my life and the best trophy of my life," the 29-year-old Liverpool forward said.


"I won the Bosses Association and some [other] prizes yet this is the exceptional one for me.



"I am happy for myself, my people, and all of my family."


Mane had been allowed an opportunity to give Senegal an early lead in Cameroon after Saliou Ciss was gotten down the area by Mohamed Abdelmonem in the fourth moment.


Egypt's Gabaski, on the other hand, blocked his attempt.



Mane appreciates his teammates for giving him the strength to come back in the shootout and win 4-2 for his side.


"When I missed the first penalty, it was a big blow for me," he said.


"But my partners came to me and said 'Sadio, we lose together and we win together. We know you. You have done a lot for us - continue progressing.


"That made me stronger and I think it made the difference when I got the second one.



"All the young men came to me and said 'Sadio, we trust you and that gave me more inspiration. The prize has a place with the entire Senegal group - everybody merits it."






Mane was also chosen player of the tournament, and he posted a photo of himself in bed with the trophy and his winner's medal the morning after the final.



Sadio Man̩'s footballing achievements have reached new heights Рand reminded people of his great altruism Рafter hitting the winning penalty in the African Cup of Nations final.



Mané was born and raised in Bambali, a Senegalese hamlet 250 kilometers from Dakar, the country's capital. He fled away from home at the age of 15 to pursue a career as a professional player, but he never forgot his roots.



Mané has spent years making gifts to assist improve the lives of people back home, in addition to his on-field achievements, which have earned him some of football's most prestigious awards.



After guiding Senegal to their first continental title, Sadio Mane will have a stadium named after him in the southwestern city of Sedhiou.


"I might want to communicate the acknowledgment of the relative multitude of siblings of the district, through this choice to give the name Sadio Mané to the Stade de Sédhiou, towards a referred to man to humankind overall, Bambali and its territorial capital, in particular Sédhiou," Diop, who likewise fills in as Senegal's clergyman of culture and correspondence, was cited as saying by nearby media.


"Sadio Mané is well-deserving of this recognition."


Mane earned the hearts of millions after promising money to build a hospital and school in his hometown, as well as contributing to mosque construction and providing funds to aid the fight against Covid-19.














Post a Comment

0 Comments